As you probably know, I have a serious online shopping addiction.
Honestly, it’s my ex-flatmates fault! If she didn’t tell me about ASOS, I would have never ventured down this rabbit hole! But alas, here I am.
Believe it or not, I like to save money. I love seeing my bank account full and healthy. I LOVE a good bargain and actually take more pleasure from those kinds of purchases than paying full price for something. When it comes to online shopping, I try to spend less money on the things I want if I can. But unless ASOS is having a sale, there’s not really room for haggling.. until today.
Have you heard of Ebates?
OH. EM. GEE. I think I’ve solved our shopping addiction probs my friends.
Ebates pays/rewards/GIVES you MONEY for shopping online! They literally pay you to shop!!! 😱😱😱
Okay, I see you there thinking, “Oh dear, crazy girl has lost her mind and needs an intervention.”, while that might be true, it doesn’t negate the fact that you can actually make money back for shopping online.
Today I’m talking about Ebates, how it works, whether it’s legit and how it can save you money. I’ve already received quite a good amount in cash back and it’s super to do so!
This post contains affiliate links.
HOW TO GET CASH BACK FOR SHOPPING ONLINE
There are a lot of cash back websites out there but you don’t hear much about them, and that’s because they’re either not that good with taking care of their customers or they’re just full on spammy. Ebates.com is a renowned website, take a quick google search and you’ll see how tons of bloggers, moms and online shopping addicts *coughmecough* are using Ebates because it is in fact the BEST cash back website.
What is Ebates?
Ebates.com is an international company that gives its users cash back for using any of the stores listed on their website. This is because Ebates is an affiliate for those stores, meaning they make a small commission for referring people to them. Some big companies you’ll recognise are Target, Walmart, Macy’s, Kohl’s and of course ASOS!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Welp, you’ve got to head to the Ebates website and click on the link of the store you want to shop at. When you do this is creates a tracking code between the store and Ebates. You have 30 days to make a purchase before the tracking link times out (it’s okay if it does, just click it again when you want to make the purchase and it’ll create another 30 day tracking code). Once you make the purchase, you earn cash back! Woohoo!
If you join Ebates through my special link, you’ll get a $10 cash bonus after you make a qualifying purchase of $25!
So how do I get cash back?
Welp, to get cash back from the Ebates stores (there’s over 1700!!), once you find the juicy new items you want, you purchase them and it will trigger a response back to Ebates to let them know you’ve purchased something.
It’ll take 1-5 days for the cash back to appear on your Ebates account. From there, the cash back will go through a 60 day holding period. This is to make sure the items you purchased haven’t been returned or refunded.
Once it clears you’re ready for a payout. The only thing is, payouts happen only four times a year – I know, such a looooong ass time! – February, May, August & November 15th. You can have them send you a check in the mail (if you live in the USA or Canada), otherwise you can have the money deposited directly into your PayPal account.
Note: Each store has a different percentage of cash back they offer for your purchases. To find out what those percentages are, all you need do is check the percentage number on the store image while on the Ebates website.
Related Post: How to Make Extra Income Online
Does it cost to join ebates?
NOPE! Ebates is free to join! There are no fees whatsoever. You’ve just got to make sure you stay active on your account at least once every 12 months so it doesn’t get deactivated.
IS EBATES REALLY LEGIT?
Totally. I’ve already made cash back on several ASOS purchases and it just deposits into my paypal accounts on one of those four months. Like I said, they make their money by being an affiliate to all of those stores. Honestly it’s such easy money, why they hell wouldn’t you do it?
Related Post: The Beginner Bloggers Guide to Affiliate Marketing
WHAT I PERSONALLY LOVE ABOUT EBATES..
- You can still use coupon codes and discounts when you shop through them. Most companies won’t allow you to do this. Not Ebates!! 😃
- Their browser extension button. It notifies you to ‘turn it on’ when you’re browsing a partner website. Sometimes you can forget until after you’ve purchased to this extension is a life, money & time-saver!
- I think the thing I love most about Ebates is that everyone gets rewarded for the sale. The store makes more profit meaning they can continue to create awesome products, Ebates makes profit and can continue to offer such an incredible program for free and YOU not only get the item your purchased but you make a little money off it too!!! This is paying it forward at it’s finest! ❤
What I don’t love about ebates
- That payouts happen only four times a year? FOUR TIMES A YEAR?!?!?
- Amazon doesn’t offer cash back on most things, only on certain categories which change every month. This is because Amazon has a “no incentive rule” as part of their affiliate terms of agreement. Boo! 👎🏻
- You don’t qualify for referral bonuses if you live outside the U.S, yet you can still earn cash back for your purchases if you do. Wtf? 😤
- That I didn’t know about this sooner. Seriously. At first I was kind of pissed, I’ve spent a lot of money on online shopping that I could have made money back on! This could have come in handy and eased a whole lot of guilt! Oh well, c’est la vie.
I mean.. do I need to convince you any more? The only way you can really find out how awesome Ebates is, is by signing up and trying it out yourself. You’ll see very quickly how great it is and wonder how you didn’t know about this before! Think of all the guilt free ASOSing that can be done?? 😉
Click here to join Ebates through my special link and you’ll get a $10 cash bonus after you make a qualifying purchase of $25! ✌
Do you use Ebates for to get cash back for shopping online? do you think you’ll start using it now?