At some point we all get a little burnt out from our blogs.
Sometimes it’s because we’ve gone too hard without taking a break, sometimes it’s because we’ve run out of ideas and sometimes it’s because we love blogging so much we don’t want to stop!
I have been all three. And that’s okay! It’s not about what happens, it’s about how you re-collect yourself afterwards!
If you’ve found yourself experiencing bloggers block and are wanting to keep up the blogging momentum, use these 25 tips to jolt your creativity!
25 WAYS TO KICK BLOGGERS BLOCK IN THE ASS
- Go back to your original blog framework plan. Is it still working for you? Do you need to change the way you deliver your message? Is there a system you’ve created you just don’t enjoy anymore? Eliminate what you don’t need (or like) and focus on what you enjoy.
- Write a how-to post on something you know like the back of your hand.
- Choose a new strategy to immerse yourself in. Maybe you’ve just hit a plateau with the knowledge you have and need a new challenge to push yourself again.
- Change up your communication style. Instead of writing a post like you normally would, try a podcast or a video, or vice versa.
- If you’re really uninspired, why don’t you abandon writing altogether and start a Youtube channel?
- Go back through your older posts and re-edit and improve on the content in the posts. If the content was relevant at the time of your publishing the post but isn’t any longer, how can you make the information more evergreen?
- Spend time marketing your blog instead.
- Share a vulnerable post highlighting your current struggle with bloggers block. These types of posts always makes your audience feel more connected to you.
- Change the platform that you communicate with your audience through like Periscope or Snapchat.
- Write a shout-out post highlighting the people in your industry who you admire.
- Write a resources page.
- Look for guest posters. If you’re really struggling, look for bloggers and entrepreneurs in similar or complimentary niches that can take a load off you by writing a guest post for you.
- Create a new regular column or feature like an interview series, a weekly round-up or link-up.
- Write about something you’re insanely passionate about.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and just start writing!
- Write a post about someone you idolise.
- Write about a topic that isn’t in your niche, but relevant to it as a whole.
- Make a list of your favourite blog posts relating to your niche.
- Write about an event you attended in your industry, or an event you’re about to attend.
- Write a top 10 list.
- Interview someone in your industry who you admire and would like to share with your audience.
- Ask your best friends and family for ideas!
- Release some endorphins. Go get physical, take a walk, hit the gym, play a match of tennis. Get your blood pumping. I always find inspiration and ideas flood back after I get my sweat on.
- Create a free course.
- Get on social media and start micro-blogging!
Now it’s your turn:
- Are you going through bloggers block, which tip will you try first?
- What are some of your tips to beat bloggers block?