For the last year and a half I have been actively learning about the vital necessity of self-love and how to develop a healthy body and self-image.
I admit, some days it is still difficult to look in the mirror and like the person I see looking back. But the difference is now I know how to handle myself when that happens and I know what I need to make myself feel better, safer, happier, more positive etc..
One of the things I like to do to help myself keep in a positive mindset about myself is to write a list of 30 things I love about myself and stick the list on my wall for a month. The next month I’ll rewrite a new list.
As a part of living vibrant, you gotta do some bold stuff and this challenge is a small but bold and significant step for us. But don’t freak just yet, I’ll go first so you’re not doing it by yourself! 😛
- I have a contagious laugh
- LOVE my big beautiful brown eyes
- (1st stump, haha!) My long silky wavy hair
- My playfulness and that I can see fun in a lot of things
- My gorgeous curves
- (2nd stump, dammit!) How much I care for my friends
- My obsession with finding the magic in life
- My super enthusiasm and excitement
- I love my perfectly straight teeth 😀
- And that smile – lights up the world it does
- My nose can jump in there too, proud of that puppy
- I love my OCD to organize and decorate
- LOVE my crafty DIY nature (and my sparkly colored pen collection)
- (3rd stump, not bad!) I can dance like a MOFO
- My self taught web design skills
- Love my personal style and fashion sense
- I give GREAT advice when friends are in need
- I’m a damn good girlfriend
- A freakin’ awesome daughter
- Punctuality for the things I care about! 😉
- My AMAZING talent and skill as an actor
- My super SMART BRAIN that has been cramming 5 years of info into 1!
- (4th stump, better!) The classic ‘Elise’ facial expressions
- My humor and comedic timing (even though I never knew I was funny)
- My secret love of dance movies *coughstepupcough*
- How emotionally expressive I am
- My fantastic and wide taste in music – from Ray Charles to Ed Sheeran
- My sweet writing skills
- My strong values
- The ability to see the positive and keep optimistic
Phew! 4 stumps, not bad I say!